Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Magazine Wednesday - Martha Stewart Living - Roasted Red Potatoes

I have a ton of food magazines, but Martha Stewart Living is one of my favorite magazines to find food inspirations and recipes. One thing I really love about Martha Stewart Living is the pull out recipe cards. It has been years since I started collecting them and I'm still going strong. Every time I get a new Martha Stewart Living magazine I read through the whole thing once, then remove the recipe cards and put them in a safe place. One of these recipes have become a "go to" recipe. Now, I don't need to look at the recipe card to know what to set the oven to or how long the recipe needs to be cooked...

That recipe happens to be for roasted red potatoes, which are simple to make - amazing to eat - and look great if you want to serve them at a dinner party...

Photo from Martha Stewart Living, October 2004

Roasted Red Potatoes

Martha Stewart Living, October 2004
Prep Time: 5mins Total Time: 35mins

If you prefer, use fresh thyme instead of the rosemary. Any leftover potatoes can be mashed the enxt day (the crisp pieces add unexpected cruch), or tossed with mayonnaise or dressing to make potato salad.

1½ pounds baby red ptoatoes, quartered
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
course salt and freshly ground pepper

Preheat oven to 425°.
Toss potatoes, oil, and rosemary on a rimmed baking sheet.
Roast, stirring once halfway through cooking, until potatoes are golden brown and crisp outside and tender inside, about 30 minutes.

See, told you it was simple... I use all kinds of herbs for this recipe besides just rosemary... It really depends what I'm in the mood for and the herbs I'm using in other parts of the meal. The potatoes are great with Herbes de Provence instead of rosemary... I almost always add garlic to these (dried or fresh) - to taste.

I really hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have and do..

Here's to warm ovens and full bellies.
- Cait

No comments:

Post a Comment