Monday, April 6, 2009

A Memory - Matt's Red Rooster Grill

My birthday is coming up - April, 17th. My dad takes me out to dinner every year, and lately it's been to rather nice restaurants. Last year he took me to a place called Matt's Red Rooster Grill. The food was amazing and the building is great... It made for a great birthday dinner.

From the restaurant's website...
"One of the most exciting culinary properties to hit Flemington, NJ Domiciled in a venerable Victorian building and lovingly restored.
Matt's Red Rooster Grill Restaurant is comprised of two floors that are tastefully adorned.
The first floor contains a bustling open kitchen with grill, and the second floor has a more serene setting."

I remember what I had for dinner that night, even though it's nearly a year later. The meal started with wine my dad brought along - I don't remember what it was, but I enjoyed it. My meal started with a trio of soups - creamy tomato, chicken tortilla, and a surprisingly delicious green lentil soup. Then I had a grilled duck breast cooked medium rare accompanied by peppery arugula and a honey balsamic dressing. My entree was lamb (I'm pretty sure it was a Colorado Rack of Lamb) and I chose a black truffle butter to go with it. Oh my was it great. I love lamb, and it's such a treat for me since I don't eat it very often - maybe only once or twice a year. The meal was topped with such a wonderful surprising treat... I shared fried banana cheesecake with my family. The waiter even put a birthday candle in it for me.

I hope I get to go back to Matt's Red Rooster Grill this year...

If you'd like to check it out (which you should if you're anywhere near Flemington, New Jersey) here's the information you need.

Matt's Red Rooster Grill
http://www.mattsredroostergrill.com/
22 Bloomfield Avenue,
Flemington, NJ 08822
908-788-7050
OPEN-
Tuesday-Friday: 5:30pm-close
Saturday: 5:00pm-close
Sunday: 5:00pm-8pm

Here's to spending birthdays in great places with great people.

- Cait

No comments:

Post a Comment