Thursday, April 9, 2009

Farm Shop - Tanner Brothers


So, Tuesday late afternoon I went to Tanner Brothers. It's a farm store that sells local produce (when in season) and all their dairy products are produced and packaged a mile up the road from the shop. Their specialty - ICE CREAM! There probably isn't anything much better than eating ice cream that is made from cows that are standing all of ten-feet away from you. Yup, the cows are behind the store, and on nice days in the spring and summer they'll be walking around and hanging out. When I was little my parents would take me to get ice cream and see the cows, which apparently lots of other parents continue to do. They've got at least two dozen ice cream flavors from traditional vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry to things like Amy's Wedding Cake and Graham Slam (made with graham crackers). My favorites? Mocha Chip and Butter Pecan. I treated myself to a scoop of butter pecan ice cream after I picked out my produce.




What's great about shopping for produce at Tanner Brothers vs. the grocery store (Wegmans usually) is the price. I love red bell peppers, buying them for a dollar+ less a pound is a nice surprise. I brought home two bags of produce - including a hydroponically grown head of green butterhead lettuce which was grown 15 minutes from my house. I thought finding that was fun... I'm going to use it for a burger and some sandwiches. It's completely beautiful.

Tanner Bros. Market
Mon-Fri: 8:30am-7:00pm
Sat-Sun: 8:30am-7:00pm

1070 Hatboro Road
(Corner of Almshouse Rd. and Hatboro Rd.)
Ivyland, PA 18974


Here's to cows and full bellies.
- Cait

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post, we will post your Hydroponic strawberries article. I will post for our customers to see your articles on your blog Hydroponic strawberries

    ReplyDelete